Pages

About Me and My Blog and Amazon Store

My photo
Langley, BC, Canada
I love to read. I love books. I like to talk about books and recommend them. I read everything including cereal boxes and junk mail! I heard once that if you're not reading at least 3 books at a time you're not reading enough! This blog will keep track of the books I've read and whether or not I liked them. It will be a little bit of everything from Christian fiction to Science fiction and fantasy. Feel free to participate by suggesting books to review and giving your comments. Occasionally I am given free books by Publishers in exchange for a review. I am not told how to review them or compensated in any way for the review.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hide by Lisa Gardner

Lisa Gardner writes great mysteries. This is a story about a family who goes into hiding because the father is protecting his little girl from a serial kiiller. It always amazes me that some writers seem to understand evil so well. This is a fast moving, intense thriller that keeps you guessing to the very end. About two thirds of the way through I thought I had it figured out but in true Agatha Christie style the killer is, well I can't tell you that can I? The little girl grows up never knowing her true identity and never knowing why she is always paranoid. She does have a dog which is a nice touch making her seem less aloof and alone. She thinks she is finally safe and then, well I can't tell you that either.

Besides the mystery it is a moving tale of a father's love for his family and the lengths he will go to keep them safe. As much as the evil is palpable in the book so is the love. And because love always wins out the book is a great read.

2 comments:

  1. OK - I'm not sure where to put these suggestions & questions, but you do say feel free to recommend some etc. So what about "Rees Howell Intercessor" and "Revolution in World Missions". And have you read The Grace Awakening by Swindoll? I have it, but haven't got to it & then it was kind of recommended somewhere, so I'm feeling a little pulled towards it. But I'm in the middle of so many books that I can no longer count (& I can count if you know what I mean!!!). So... there you have it for now. Love you reviews btw :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestions Gaynor! I have read the Grace Awakening. Almost anything by Chuck Swindoll is great. But I haven't read the other two, I will look them up. Like you I have a stack of books right now that will last well into Spring! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete