Pages

About Me and My Blog and Amazon Store

My photo
Langley, BC, Canada
I love to read. I love books. I like to talk about books and recommend them. I read everything including cereal boxes and junk mail! I heard once that if you're not reading at least 3 books at a time you're not reading enough! This blog will keep track of the books I've read and whether or not I liked them. It will be a little bit of everything from Christian fiction to Science fiction and fantasy. Feel free to participate by suggesting books to review and giving your comments. Occasionally I am given free books by Publishers in exchange for a review. I am not told how to review them or compensated in any way for the review.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Summer Reading

My life is undergoing somewhat of a lull moment right now. Nothing major planned on the horizon, work is humming along all right and the schedule has emptied out somewhat. So I'm looking forward to making my way through all the books I have to read. Some are listed in the currently reading section. Some more are on my bookcase; like The Book of Negroes and Greg Morgenstern's Three Cups of Tea.

Also in my neighborhood are two used book stores as well as a library that I may actually try to remember how to use! So if you wonder what I'm doing this summer; I'm readng! (Of course my family would say that is nothing new!)

What are you reading this summer?

2 comments:

  1. Hello! thanks for your blog! Goodness! I took a look at your list to the left and it looks like you have a busy, busy summer ahead!

    After reading your profile, I wanted to give you a book recommendation, because it seemed it might be right up your alley! It's The Testings of Devotion by Cheryl Dellasega. It is boko one in the Heavenly Host series, and I've found it to be a marvelous, descriptive and lively account of the role angels play in the lives of mortals and in the fight of good against evil. I've been recommending it all over the place and when I saw you were open to book recommendations, and what genres interested you, I thought I'd leave you a quick note!

    Take care and great luck with your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Molly, I will take a look at that book. It sounds interesting and it's always fun to start a new series.

    ReplyDelete