Pages

About Me and My Blog and Amazon Store

My photo
Langley, BC, Canada
I love to read. I love books. I like to talk about books and recommend them. I read everything including cereal boxes and junk mail! I heard once that if you're not reading at least 3 books at a time you're not reading enough! This blog will keep track of the books I've read and whether or not I liked them. It will be a little bit of everything from Christian fiction to Science fiction and fantasy. Feel free to participate by suggesting books to review and giving your comments. Occasionally I am given free books by Publishers in exchange for a review. I am not told how to review them or compensated in any way for the review.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Silent in the Sanctuary by Deanna Raybourn

Silent in the Sanctuary is the sequel to Silent in the Grave, reviewed here
http://sharisbooknotes.blogspot.com/2010/08/silent-in-grave-by-deanna-raybourn.html
Once again we meet Lady Julia Grey who has been recuperating in Italy. Her Father Lord March has summoned her and her siblings home for Christmas and she returns to England to celebrate Christmas with her family. When she arrives she finds the rest of her family along with some additional guests invited by her father. One of them is none other than Brisbane, the detective that she had met and assisted in a murder investigation that led her to needing to recuperate in Italy. She hasn't heard from him since she's been away and is suprised and pleased to see him again, until she is introduced to his fiance. This is a murder mystery so there is eventually a body to find, there are ghosts afoot and family intrigue.

The March family is unconventional. Even though the story is set in Victorian England Julia Grey is a very modern thinking and acting heroine. The detailed descriptions and well-written characters make this an interesting and entertaining story to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment